If you are using AP Label and the Bartender label software, there is a limit of 3 printers that are allowed to print. To ensure that you are setup correctly and you don't accidentally exceed the limit, please follow the steps below.
Installing SLS Remote Assistant (Only Required For AP Cloud Users):
The first step is to install the Seagull Remote Assistant on every computer that will be used to print labels. Without this, your printers may be mistaken as new printers each time you connect and you will accidentally exceed the limit of 3 printers.
To install, download the appropriate 32-bit or 64-bit installer from here
. Once downloaded, simply run the installer and click to proceed whenever prompted. The install should only take a moment.
Test printing from each computer
To ensure each computer can print successfully, test printing at least one label from each computer that is required for printing. If you have multiple printers, be sure to test printing to each printer from each computer.
If at any point you are denied printing due to a license error, perform the following:
- If you are using AP Cloud, double check that you have installed the Seagull Remote Assistant tool on all computers that will be used for printing labels (see above).
- Test printing from the computer you are having trouble with.
- On the server desktop (cloud server if you are using AP Cloud, or your local server otherwise), click Start > All Programs > BarTender 2016 > License Server
- Look for the most recently used printer (should be the one you just tested printing to), and then enable the 'Keep' checkbox for that printer.
- Repeat the process for any other computers/printers, ensuring that the valid printers all have the Keep option enabled.
Note: Bartender may show a different year or version in your list of programs, depending which edition is currently installed.